Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Positive and Green Holiday!

This is year I am going to be doing things a little different when it comes to gift giving. There are so many fun things to do besides buying a gifts. Making gifts almost seems to be a thing of the past. I think this year I shall bring it back. I'm going to make strawberry cordials (strawberry liquire)for some of the adults in my family. Remeber the days when we were all making Kahlua? Same idea, but different. I'll put the cordial in a pretty, recycled bottle. Other gifts from the kitchen are: cookies, breads, jams, jellies, chutneys, vinagers, etc. So fun to make and to give.

My sister-in-law came up with the idea of 'The gift of time'. This year our family will pick a name out of a hat and spend time with that person. The time spent can be: going out to lunch, going to a movie, taking a hike, playing frisbee, volunteering in a soup kitchen, etc. What a great idea! Oh, and it must be no more than $25.00. Great idea, Mary!

When wrapping the gift that you do buy, remember to use recycled paper and ribbon. Another wrapping idea is using scarves. The Japanese have been using cloth as wrapping paper for centuries. Great idea!

May you all have a very Happy, Healthy and Positive Holiday!

No comments: